Preparation 15 min. Cooking 31 min.
- Cedar frozen spinach (2 packs of 500g each)
- 250g of crumbled feta cheese
- 5 eggs (3 whole and 2 yolks)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated parmesan cheese
- 3 sheets of 25 cm (10 in) puff pastry
- 1 onion, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped garlic
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- In a skillet, heat a little olive oil over low-medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Squeeze the spinach between your hands to remove as much water as possible.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach with the feta, 3 whole eggs, Parmesan, onion, garlic and parsley. Salt and pepper.
- Cut each puff pastry in half on the diagonal to form triangles.
- In the center of each triangle, distribute the spinach preparation, leaving a free edge of 2 cm (3/4 in).
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks with a little water. Brush the free edges of the triangles with egg yolks.
- Fold a point on the long side of each triangle over the opposite point to form a smaller triangle. Brush the tops of the calzones with the remaining egg yolks. Press the edges with a fork to seal the calzones.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the calzones.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.