Leg of Lamb
- 1 large leg of lamb (2.5kg)
- 6 cloves of garlic sliced
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Using a knife, make a few incisions on the whole surface of the leg.
- Insert a piece of garlic into each incision.
- Rub the leg with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Reduce the fennel seeds in powder and mix with salt, oregano, pepper and paprika.
- Rub the lamb with the spice mix.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare the basting sauce by mixing the butter, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the spice mix.
- Put the leg of lamb in the oven at 350F and cover it.
- Baste with sauce every 1/2 hour.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Serve with roasted potatoes.