Servings: 4 people
- 1 kg of fresh yellow dates
- 500g of sugar
- 2 clementines
- Blanched almonds
- ½ lemon
- 1 handful of cloves
- Zest the clementines
- Peel the dates and boil in 1L of water for 10 minutes. Once they begin to be tender, remove from heat and let cool. Keep the cooking juices
- Pit the dates by pressing to let the core out (keep the whole fruit ). Replace the stone with an almond and a little bit of Clementine zest.
- In a saucepan incorporate ½ liter of cooking juices , ½ liter of water , sugar and lemon juice . Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 15 minutes
- Add the stuffed dates and cloves and cook briskly, over high heat, for about 20 minutes. Lower the flame and allow the preparation to thicken
- Once the preparation thickens, turn off the heat and fill in jars. Close the jars and leave overnight.