Grocery Assistant Manager
Marché Adonis Scarborough
Would you like to be part of a family environment within a company that offers great opportunities for development and advancement? Would you like to work flexible hours, or perhaps even find a job that makes you feel at home? We have just the opportunity for you!
Our Scarborough store is looking for a full-time Assistant Manager - Grocery department.
The assistant manager's role is to assist management in the smooth running of the department's activities. He/she replaces the manager when he/she is absent. He/she ensures excellent customer service and quality products at all times, while complying with company standards and policies.
• Help implement strategies to increase department sales and profitability;
• Work to achieve the objectives set by the manager and encourage team members to do the same;
• Ensure the supply and marketing of the department's products;
• Assist the Manager in managing staff and schedules in his/her absence;
• Coach and motivate team members to improve department productivity;
• Ensure compliance with procedures, policies and hygiene and sanitation standards, and monitor compliance;
• Ensure food quality and freshness, and be vigilant to minimize product loss and waste;
• Ensure quality customer service in the department;
• In collaboration with the Manager, follow up on the department's inventory, price lists and merchandising, while respecting established budgets;
• Assist in receiving deliveries and ensuring safe storage of products;
• Pack, label and price products according to company standards;
• Follow cleaning procedures and equipment maintenance schedules;
• Other related duties.
• Management experience an asset
• 6 months experience in a grocery store
• Good knowledge of products sold
• Committed to excellent customer service
• Team player
• Autonomous and resourceful
• Sense of responsibility