Marché Adonis Scarborough
The Merchandising Coordinator (MC) is responsible for providing support to different categories and SKUs. The MC should utilize communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment and utilize data to assist the Category Manager in achieving performance targets. The MC should also be aware of strategy-related activities including product assortment, promotion, and pricing.
- Coordinate between category managers and head office to fulfil all tasks required for the weekly flyer, including reviewing flyer proofs to ensure accuracy of items, pricing, pictures, and descriptions.
- Monitor and track prices and price differences, coordinating with category managers, the accounting team, and the administrators.
- Produce flyer sales reports on a weekly basis with analysis on sales by departments, categories, and item assortment.
- Communicate in-store specials and pricing related information between category managers and pricing officers.
- Process new items and ensure the correct procedure is being followed and follow up with category managers and administrators to complete the creation process.
- Regularly perform Cost vs Sales analysis on items while monitoring price changes and EDLPs
- Conduct price sensitivity analysis on items to monitor and analyze prices, price elasticity, and seasonality.
- Analyze correlations of aggregate sales to assess relationships between sales of different products
- Communicate with suppliers through category managers
- Communicate with operations to verify inventory.
- Degree/Diploma from Business School
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position in retail sector.
- Strong skills in Microsoft office
- Proficiency is a must, Arabic/French could be an additional asset
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Rigor and thoroughness
- Oriented towards good customer service